About the role with Khmer Cold Chain Company
Khmer Cold Chain Company https://khmercold.com/ invites Project Manager candidate to perform the management for an upcoming construction of temperature controlled cold storage locate at Phnom Penh Port Facility at LM17 on National Road 1, Address Phum Kandal Leu, Khum Banteay Dek, Kien Svay District, Kandal Province.
The role is expected to be up to 1 year, the minimum duration will be 6 months.
Summary of the role
Project Managers are responsible for planning and overseeing a specific project and a wide range of activities for the projects from beginning to end. He/she will check and control the budget, schedule, coordinate with the construction contractor and owner’s Engineer, keep track of inventory of equipment and materials, collaborate with partners and authorities, and ensure all regulations are met and permits acquired. Project Managers will be responsible for the administrative duties, reporting, and review of the work products produced by the engineers, consultants and constructors.
The Project Manager we are looking for will have previous experience in project management of project through construction and be knowledgeable of regulations and permits required.
The ideal applicant will be highly organized, with the ability to plan ahead and multitask in order to meet deadlines and keep projects under budget.
Construction Project Manager Job Responsibilities
- Oversee construction projects from beginning to end
- Determine and manage the budget and costs
- Determine the necessary constructors required and any additional equipment, materials, and manpower needed
- Prepare reports regarding job status according to schedule
- Resolve any problems that may arise
- Coordinate owner’s engineer and Constructor
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations are followed,
- Report on safety statistics
- Assist in risk assessment
- Train and mentor project employees
- Collaborate with subcontractors, engineers, architects, constructor and key team members of the project team
- Negotiate with external vendors on contract agreements
- Obtain the appropriate permits and licenses from authorities for construction sites
- Plan construction operations
- Ensure all deadlines are met
- Hire contractors, temporary Staff and permanent operations staff
- Allocate and manage resources to ensure that they are available when they are needed throughout the projects
- Keep all stakeholders aware of the progress on projects and prepare progress reports regularly
- Handle any community issues that may come up during a project
- Conduct site checks to monitor progress and quality standards
Construction Project Manager Qualifications
- BSc/BA degree in Architecture, Building Science, Engineering, Construction Management, or another related field
- PMP or an equivalent certification would be considered an asset
- Extensive previous work experience managing budgets for projects
- Highly organized
- Previous experience in a leadership role with strong and proven leadership skills
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Previous work experience in project management or another similar role
- Understanding of construction management processes
- Able to plan ahead
- Familiar with construction and project management software programs
- Excellent knowledge of relevant rules and regulations as well as quality standards and human resources
- Conflict resolution and conflict management experience
- Excellent time management ability
- Able to multitask with a strong understanding of core manager duties
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal abilities, including negotiation skills
Interested candidates are invited to send a CV and cover letter (Cambodia Time) with the subject line “Project Manager”
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Ms. Sreyroth Sot: email@example.com
Ms. Sophorn Kith: firstname.lastname@example.org