Khmer Cold Chain (KCC) strives to be the leading third-party service provider of temperature-controlled logistics by operating modern cold chain infrastructure offering supply chain services to food and pharmaceutical importers, exporters and local producers.
We are currently seeking an experienced and detail oriented Financial Accountant to join our growing team in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, the successful candidate will play a crucial role in managing the Accounts Payable (AP) and Accounts Receivable (AR) functions, ensuring accurate and timely processing of financial transactions. Additionally, the Financial Accountant will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of the General Ledger (GL) and supporting the financial reporting processes.
Accounts Payable/ Receivable, Project Costing, Expense Processing and Revenue Collection
- Work with the Finance Manager to run the AP/AR function duties, ensuring all invoices/payments/expenses/billings are matched, reviewed, approved, executed for payment processing through various payment channels and posted into AP/AR ledger or general ledger (GL);
- Ensure that purchase orders and expense claims raised in the system are in accordance with KCCC’s accounting practices, budgeted for and approved by the correct approving authority;
- Prepare payment package for authorized signatories’ approval, including but not limited to, manual and automated TT payments, corporate card payments, bank transfers, etc.;
- Conduct payment reconciliation against bank statements, supplier reconciliation (where available), including liaising with suppliers/vendors for closure of AP queries and issues;
- Assist Finance Manager in monthly tax filings with local tax authorities;
- Monitor adequacy of funds for payment, including the preparation of month-end bank balance report for various bank accounts;
- Ensure regular updates to the vendor/customer master file in the accounting system;
- Review and suggest process improvements to streamline the AP/AR function;
- In the course of carrying out AP/AR function duties, ensure compliance and adherence to KCCC’s policies, financial delegation of authority and accounting practices.
General Ledger (“GL”) and Financial Reporting
- Primarily responsible for the gathering of accounting transactions/data from various system and sources for recording in the accounting system;
- Review and ensure the accuracy, timeliness and completeness of accounting transactions/data recorded in the accounting system, such that all known activities are recorded;
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations, identify and follow up on outstanding items for reconciliation;
- Prepare journal entries with appropriate supporting documentations which includes but not limited to, depreciation, amortization, accruals, provisions, prepayments, reclassifications, cost centre allocations, etc.;
- Responsible for month end closing of accounting system and preparation of monthly, quarterly and year end management accounts (trial balance, GL reports, balance sheet, profit or loss and supporting accounting schedules) within required timelines;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and year-end reconciliation schedules to general ledger for balance sheet accounts and profit and loss accounts;
- Prepare invoices for billings to customers and or related parties with appropriate supporting calculations & documentations (invoices, expense claims, etc) for internal cost sharing arrangements, and recording in Account Receivable (AR) ledger and GL. Substantiate and articulate such billings to managers and external parties where necessary;
- Support the Finance Manager in the financial audits (internal and external) and tax audits, including the liaison for their request of information, schedules and/or explanations;
- Review and suggest improvements in the streamlining of GL and financial reporting functions;
- In the course of carrying out GL and financial reporting duties, ensure compliance and adherence to KCCC’s policies, accounting practices and financial reporting standards.
- Organizing and filing of accounting documents, invoice and other documents for accounting records;
- Prepare/generate ad-hoc reports or schedules as required;
- Other ad-hoc related tasks or assignment from the Finance Manager or Management
Qualification, Experience & Competency Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with professional qualifications and/or equivalent further professional development;
- At least 3 years of work experience in similar capacity or positions;
- Knowledge of Cambodian tax laws and practical experience in monthly tax calculations and filing preferred;
- Computer skills in accounting software (preferably Xero) and MS Office suite (particularly Excel);
- Advantageous if CAT certified (certified accounting technician) deployed technology and systems to drive process efficiencies and controls;
- Good proficiency in both oral and written English;
- High integrity, hard worker, flexible and willing to take responsibility and accountability;
- Some travel to Kandal province required (warehouse facilities);
Interested candidates should send their resumé with cover letter to: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org